DEAD afterlife... A Journey About Being Alive


I’m on a journey of self-discovery.  I guess I’ve been on this journey this entire time and just didn’t realize it until recently.  It’s not always clear what your mission is at 20 years old or even 30 years old.   I’m 43 years old and I’m chasing down a dream that has alluded me all of my life.   I’ve been labeled “shy” since I was a kid and that has probably held me back.   I’ve accomplished a lot.  My personal accomplishments out weight my professional accomplishments.     I think the next stage of the game is equally personal as it is professional.    If it’s not “personal” to me,  then why bother doing it.    I’ve always felt a connection to movies.   I guess that’s why I spent hours upon hours in video stores looking through video tapes trying to find the perfect movie.   It’s the escapism aspect that is the attraction.   The farther a movie can transport me away from real life,  the better the experience.   I’m constantly searching for those movies that can really captured my mind and make be believe and inspire me to be a better person.   I’ve had the privilege to write about movies on websites like ObsessedwithFilm.com and HorrorNews.net!   It’s a rewarding experience to keep the movies alive through review and conversation.   We all have movies that we quote from and still talk about with passion,  10, 20, 30 years later.   Who of us don’t reinvest ourselves in It’s a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Story every December 25th?   My parents turn on The Godfather 1 and 2 every single time it plays on television, and those movies just get better with age.  Those movies bring families closer together.  On October 31st and/or the days leading up to it,  John Carpenter’s Halloween has given me chills from childhood to adulthood. These movies are timeless and unforgettable.   I’m not going to list every favorite movie but you get the idea,  and it’s that idea that keeps me moving forward.   I’m just a fan of the cinema and I have a deep respect for the movie making process.   Those of you who know me,  know that I wrote a script titled, “DEAD afterlife”.   It’s a horror movie at its core but it’s so much more than that to me.    It’s has heart and it’s about family and it’s about love, and it’s about following your dreams, and it’s about one man’s journey of self-discovery.    It’s tells the story that it’s never too late,  even in death.     I’ve invested my soul into this story and if I never make another movie, at least I can say that I made THIS movie.   It’s amazes me that the concept and the script has gotten so much attention and admiration.  This next year holds opportunity… for all of us.  

Comments