New York Times features Red Christmas director Craig Anderson

Director, Craig Anderson

Artsploition Film's 'Red Christmas'
"Growing up in suburban Australia, my grandmother had a ventriloquist doll in her dark, musky lounge. She had inherited it from her mother and told me that it spoke. What scared me the most was that someone had given it a “wig,” which wasn’t a proper wig, but rather the jaggedly cut scalp off another doll. Its face was decaying and eyes had hollowed out. I was scared to go into the lounge, but it was also right next to my grandma’s lolly jar so I was faced with a horrible temptation, almost like the price of pleasure was confronting fear. It’s probably why I like horror movies so much now.
The doll was inherited by my mother, who hid it in her doll shelf. Then when I moved out, I asked her if I could take it and put it my office. She was happy for me to. Now the doll sits on the shelf watching me as I write ideas for horror movies."
You can check out the entire New York Times article HERE 

Comments