Exclusive Interview: Actor, Irv Becker (Harvey)

 

Exclusive Interview:
Actor, Irv Becker (Harvey)

How did you get attached to Harvey?

I got attached to Harvey through my good buddy Johnny Alonso. We have worked together in the past on films. When he called and said Ranelle was interested in me playing Randy.... I jumped on it. So off to Florida I went.

Tell us a little bit about your character, Randy?

Randy is not unlike many men living in small town USA. Bowling leagues etc... are their escape from the working class grind. The friendships are deep in that world... Everyone knows everyone.. and EVERYONE knows a RANDY. LOL 

How was it working with Ranelle Golden and Johnny Alonso?

Well, as I said Johnny and I have worked together before. This was my first movie with Ranelle. She wrote a Dynamite script and really allowed us to bring OUR interpretation of the characters to the lens. If she wasn't happy with a particular scene, she would direct you back towards her vision. That's the best directing.  She knew what she wanted and made sure we delivered. 

What was your favorite scene?

Sounds cliché but the scenes all had their own merit.  I like Randy showing different sides. His distain for Harvey was obvious, but he was also sweet to Allison. Randy wasn't always angry. LOL

What was the most difficult aspect to making this film?

Covid restrictions made it very difficult.  Testing was very specific.  Also early morning call times were rough. 3 am comes early. LOL we had to be out of the bowling alley by noon. So shot lists were tight.

What makes this film stand out?

I think the overall LOOK of the film. Performance was spot on. Cinematography was fantastic. Many people have given great comments about the soundtrack. Johnny did an amazing job. 

Do you have any favorite horror films?

I'm not a huge fan of Monster movies. They don't scare me. LOL but THE EXORCIST to this day scares me. LOL #nightmares

What made you want to get into acting?

I was cast as OLIVER in 8th grade. That hit my soul. I knew I found my passion. I never stopped. Musical theater is a passion for sure. I was cast in CRY-BABY in a scene with Traci Lord's. I met a group of guys that had my passion. We thought let's make our own movies. Stingers, Clerks etc... we're coming out with that Indie spirit. So we were off to the races. Getting into SAG was an honor.  And working with like minded people is a blast. 

Who inspires your creativity?

People in general inspire me. Sit in an airport and just watch people. Where are they from... where are they going? I'm also a Master Barber and co-owner of WORK OF ART BARBERSHOP in Harford County MARYLAND.  Hair music and fashion go hand in hand. .. so that gets my creative juices flowing. 

What's next for Irv Becker?

THE CHOP SHOP. Myself, Johnny Alonso and our friend Rei Perri are in the development stages of that. It's a dramady.  Kinda like Good Fellas meets Shampoo. We will have a dynamic cast. And Johnny and I go head to head . I play Clint and Johnny plays Gio. Rei is an incredible writer and director.  His editing is incredible.  He has style and nuance.  So we are super stoked for this. Keep an eye out.  Thank you so much for you time. Keep watching Harvey and support the indie film makers! Best Wishes Always. Irv
Marketing Macabre - a horror boutique public relations company created to give independent filmmakers an affordable alternative. We focus on the importance of press releases to gain momentum and we work with some of the biggest genre websites in the world. Our mission is to get your project in front of your audience, the horror public - the most devoted fan base in all of entertainment.

More information: 
https://www.marketingmacabre.com/

For inquiries, contact Michael Joy at joyhorror@msn.com

Comments