Exclusive Interview: Rick Vasquez (The Last American Horror Show Vol 2)

 

Exclusive Interview:
Rick Vasquez
(The Last American Horror Show Vol 2) 

What made you want to get involved in the film industry?

It was sort of an accident as I was into the music business and I started to write and I wrote my first film story called "The Virgin Murders" it ended becoming my first feature back in 2007. I always loved films and I thought it was worth a try.

What was your favorite day on set and why?

Not sure what you mean by favorite day. But I enjoyed all the days. Some were long hours..

What scene did you enjoy directing the most?

It would have to be the scene with Daniel Schweiger and Timothy quill where he kills Daniels' character behind the diner. It was very fun. Used hand held action.

What is the biggest obstacle you faced while making TLAHSV2?

I guess it was time and budget and trying to make the structure come to life.

What was your proudest moment during production?

Dine In die Out great cast and great crew and great locations.

How do you get a film to stand out in the crowd in today's landscape?

Just networked through sources and pitched location managers.

What other filmmakers inspire you to do what you do?

I have tons. The 3 I can name off are David Croenburg ,John Carpenter and Larry Cohen..

What is your favorite horror decade and why?

I would have to say the 70's as it was a beginning start for genres. I really love the italian genre like film from Dario Argento and Sergio Martino

What is the next step in your filmmaking career?

To keep busy in what I like to do. I am looking to do a Horror Musical. writing music more for films.
Trailer: The Last American Horror Show Vol 2
Marketing Macabre - a horror boutique public relations company created to give independent filmmakers an affordable alternative. We focus on the importance of press releases to gain momentum and we work with some of the biggest genre websites in the world. Our mission is to get your project in front of your audience, the horror public - the most devoted fan base in all of entertainment.

More information: 
https://www.marketingmacabre.com/

For inquiries, contact Michael Joy at joyhorror@msn.com

Comments